Website West Coast Corporation
West Coast Chain Mfg. is looking for an entry-level, enthusiastic and outgoing individual who is ready to grow their sales skills and tackle new challenges. We are offering a competitive base salary with an aggressive bonus structure paid monthly that can almost double their total potential compensation. The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for diving into KEY-BAK PRO Safety market verticals and serve as a growth champion for the KEY-BAK PRO line of tool tethering products. Tool tethering, aka Dropped Object Prevention (DOP), is a relatively new and rapidly growing safety category. KEY-BAK has been making retractable tool tethers for OEM safety customers for over 15 years. Today, we’re looking for a growth minded individual to help build on the past 15 years and grow our own KEY-BAK PRO line of products. The BDR will work closely with the Director of Marketing and the sales team to develop, refine and test sales and marketing tactics, identify key accounts, and be the cornerstone in building a scalable sales process. Identifying and developing new customers will be a core function and duties may include cold calling, emailing and other new account acquisition tactics. This person will also work with our marketing team to identify new markets and new product opportunities and funnel Voice of the Customer (VOC) back to product management.
- Facilitate growth of KEY-BAK PRO line of DOP safety products.
- Partner with Director of Marketing to establish target key accounts, develop and refine go to market strategies and tactics.
- Test go-to-market strategy and adjust as necessary. Report development to Director of Marketing and Executive Team.
- Set and achieve monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Get outside the office and achieve monthly and quarterly door crossing goals.
- New account acquisition including cold calling and other tactics.
- Partner with sales to manage manufacturers’ representatives.
- Enter and track opportunities in the company CRM.
- Participate in new product development, design and planning or market research, including studying the potential design applications for new products, Stage Gate management, new product training and new product launching.
- Gain 1st hand voice of the customer and voice of the user to define user needs, challenges and use models. Partner with product management to continuously refine marketing collateral, messaging, and new product roadmaps.
- Continuously ask, why do customer buy from us? Why don’t they buy from us?
- Assess WCC markets, market challenges and help the broader team define what will winning look like in those markets.
- Collaborate with internal departments (marketing/sales/operations) to establish new product outlines, including the concept, performance and production criteria.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and regional safety groups to become a recognized expert in the field of tool tethering.
- Uses data to determine root cause of problems and seek solutions.
- Travel as needed, up to 75% of time including limited international travel
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, engineering or management field of study.
- 1-year sales experience in fall protection is preferred.
- Naturally outgoing and drawn to customers and face-to-face interactions.
- Feel at home in construction and industrial environments.
- Strong people skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with customers, marketing, sales and engineering teams.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Drive to understand the decision-making influences of customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to HR@wcc-mfg.com