Website West Coast Corporation
Job and Opportunity Summary
Our employee-owned company, West Coast Corporation (WCC), is growing and profitable, with core product lines and new products that are helping working people live safer and more productive lives. We have talented, positive, can-do people who are tackling new challenges as we grow and seek continuous improvement. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit, offering opportunities for personal and professional growth. If you’re a Maintenance Machinist with a great attitude and work ethic who is interested in making a difference company-wide, WCC may have a place for you.
The Maintenance Machinist sets up and operates variety of machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, electronics, circuit repair, layout, and machining procedures: Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair. Must be able to operate lathes, Bridgeport mills, Mig welders and other fab shop equipment.
WCC is an employee-owned (ESOP) company of approximately 60 team members in Ontario, California. We’re known world-wide as the inventor of products that have become “American Classics” according to the New York Times. We serve customers globally with a wide range of products under the brands KEY-BAK, KEY-BAK Pro, and Boomerang Tools. Our products are handheld size mechanical devices found in diverse markets including hardware, hotel, health care, casino and gaming, manufacturing, security and law enforcement, and outdoor activities such as fishing and hunting.
Our Core Purpose is to help working people live more productive lives. We have six Core Values that guide the way we do business with each other, our customers, our vendors, and our channel partners. We also value personal and professional growth, diversity, and a collaborative, team-centered work environment. We work together to create, manufacture, promote and sell exceptional products and deliver award winning service. While we have competitors, we design and build our products with clear differences that compel customers to buy from us.
- Continue to nurture and develop our strong company culture by teamwork, effective problem solving and helping operations in support of our Core Values.
- Apply a good attitude towards solving equipment downtime in the face of production goals. Did we mention that we value a positive attitude in this role?
- Operates machine shop equipment to repair and/or restore equipment, fixtures and pneumatics to their original serviceable condition.
- Able to machine assemblies and piece parts to .001” tolerances.
- Able to program Janome and Sony Robot Screw machines.
- Trouble shoot Toshiba 100T molding machines and 50T Boy molding machines.
- Repair and maintain Baird/ Nilson Fourslide equipment.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, electrical diagrams and tables. Ability to study sample parts to determine and plan the best sequence of operations.
- Trouble shoot electro-mechanical components and modify electrical systems.
- Maintain, repair and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) rounds on production equipment.
- We need a learner than has the mechanical aptitude, curiosity, patience and hands on ability to fix and repair machines that have been custom made over the 50 years of our existence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Attitude is everything. Must have a good attitude if you want to thrive in our team.
- Strong interpersonal and listening abilities so that you can effectively trouble shoot and problem solve. A high degree of enthusiasm, a can-do attitude and strong commitment to excellence.
- General knowledge of the principles of operation and maintenance of pneumatic, mechanical and electromechanical machines.
- Working knowledge of Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Spanish language skills would be very helpful but not necessary.
- Maintenance: Minimum 3 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic responsible for PM.
- Machinist: Minimum 3 years of experience as a machinist comfortable making/ replacing parts that are custom.
- Prior job experience in a production or plant environment.
- Lean manufacturing exposure in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong reading/ writing English with basic computer skills.
- Minimum Associate’s Degree required or equivalent work experience
- Lifelong learner that is curious and is comfortable with problem solving and experimenting.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@wcc-mfg.com