Why Join West Coast Corporation?
We work together in collaborative teams to make great things happen. Our company is entrepreneurial and you’ll likely have opportunities to accomplish goals you’d never get to do in a large and highly structured company. We support our employees in their success, giving them lots of room to grow and to contribute. We reward our people with company ownership via our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Production Maintenance Technician
Under general supervision, the Production Maintenance Technician demonstrates a strong background in electromechanical equipment failure analysis (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance) and repair. The Maintenance Technician will be comfortable setting up and operating a variety of machine tools, will be able to fabricate or repair equipment and maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, electronics, circuit repair, layout, and machining procedures. A successful candidate, observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair. For our organization, this position is also responsible for general building maintenance throughout the site.
West Coast Corporation (“WCC”) is an employee-owned manufacturing company in Ontario, California. Founded in 1948 and known world-wide as the inventor of products that have become “American Classics” according to the New York Times. We serve diverse markets with quality products under the brands KEY-BAK, KEY-BAK Promotional Products and T-REIGN. Our products are found in diverse markets globally including hardware, hotel, restaurant, health care, casino and gaming, manufacturing, security and law enforcement, and outdoor activities.
Our Core Purpose is to employ American ingenuity to help working people lead more productive lives. Every day we LIVE our Core Values, which are: WOW our Customers * Keep our Promises * Support the Team * Be Proactive * Deliver Results * Be Positive. Our Core Values guide the way we do business with our vendors, channel partners, customers, and employee-owner teammates as we work together to produce, market, and sell quality products and deliver award winning service.
- Utilizes working knowledge and experience in the areas of VFDs, Motors/Wiring configurations, PLCs, Computers, Electrical Schematics, Control Circuits, Electrical Distribution Systems.
- Maintains and Repairs facilities equipment, lighting, scheduling repairs and renovation projects for the 14K sq.ft. building.
- Operates machine shop equipment to repair equipment, fixtures, and pneumatics to their original serviceable condition.
- Maintains and improves PM program and repair Plastic Injection Molding machines such as Toshiba 200T, 110T molding machines and 55T Boy molding machines.
- Repairs and maintains mechanical equipment such as a late model Nilson Fourslide and 25T Punch Presses.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, blueprints, electrical diagrams and tables. Able to study sample parts to determine and plan the best sequence of operations.
- Mechanical aptitude, curiosity, patience, and hands on ability to fix and repair machines that have been custom made over the 50+ years of our business existence.
- Flexibility with shift when company projects need to be scheduled after regular working hours.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong interpersonal and listening abilities so that you can effectively troubleshoot, and problem solve.
• General knowledge of the principles of operation and maintenance of pneumatic, mechanical, and electromechanical machines.
• Working knowledge of Preventative Maintenance programs.
• Knowledge and experience with database software; Microsoft Office; and the Internet
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• High degree of enthusiasm, a can-do attitude, and strong commitment to delivering results.
• Must have excellent attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics.
• Reliable and Punctual
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team in a growing environment
• Ability to communicate, interpret, and provide instructions orally and in writing
• Positive Attitude
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience required
- 7+ years of experience as a maintenance technician responsible for PM.
- 2+ years of experience with facility upkeep, renovation, and repairs.
- 5+ years of exposure making/ replacing parts, preferred
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of computer-controlled systems for production and assembly, preferred.
- Prior experience working in a production or plant environment
- Lean manufacturing exposure in a manufacturing environment with automation.
- Ability Read and Write in English to understand engineering drawings, blueprints, electrical diagrams, and tables
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively communicate with outside contractors and run Projects to plan.
- Lifelong learner that is curious and is comfortable with problem solving and experimenting.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Walking, standing and ability to climb stairs are required occasionally.
West Coast Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the value of diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by state or federal law. We offer a competitive benefits package to include employee stock ownership (ESOP); 401(k), medical, dental, and vision plans; and three weeks of paid vacation. Selected candidates will be required to submit to pre-employment background and reference check as well as alcohol and drug testing.