Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and PayPal), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- E-Mail Marketing:Opt-out of our e-mails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the e-mail, by e-mailing email@example.com with Opt-Out in the subject line or by following this link and enter the address you’d like to opt-out.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
As of January 1, 2020, California Civil Code Section 1798.100-199, provides California residents with certain rights with respect to our use and disclosure of your Personal Information. If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access | Right to Notice: California residents have the right to request from us: the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business purpose or commercial purpose for collecting the Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information we have shared and the reasons we shared it and a copy of the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
- Right of Deletion: California residents have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we collect from you. However, in certain situations we are not required to delete your Personal Information, such as when the information is necessary in order to complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, to provide a good or Service requested by you, to comply with a legal obligation, to engage in research, to secure our Websites or other online services, or to otherwise use your Personal Information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right Not to Be Subject to Discrimination. Should you exercise any of your privacy rights as a California consumer, we will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing or products, or by providing you with a different level or quality of Services. However, in some circumstances, for example where you have requested or consented to our Services that use your Personal Information to provide the service, we may not be able to provide a Service if you choose to delete your Personal Information.
You may manage your rights as a California resident, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “Rights Request” on the subject line and in the body of your message. Please note that if substantially all West Coast Corporation assets are acquired by a third party, your Personal Information may be included as part of the transferred assets.
When you submit a Rights Request as a California resident, we will use the information you provide and the information we have in our systems to try to verify your identity and to match the Personal Information we have collected about you, if any, to your identity. If we are successful in validating your identity, we will respond to your request within the time and in the manner required by law. If we cannot validate your identity, we will attempt to contact you to inform you of this issue. Please note that we are only required to respond to each California resident’s Rights Request twice in any given 12-month period.
We may re-direct you to a YouTube channel (YouTube Privacy Notice). We are not responsible for the privacy notices or policies applicable to other websites or how they may treat information about their users. Advertisers on the Website or other websites to which our customers link may have the ability to assign cookies in a process not under our control. We have no control over the use of the information collected by linked websites or others.
Is Information Collected from Children?
We do not knowingly collect, use, or share Personal Information from children under the age of 16. Please immediately Contact Us if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information so that we may investigate and delete information as may be appropriate.
How Can Information Be Corrected?
If you would like to have us correct or update your Personal Information, please send your corrections or updates to email@example.com
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
West Coast Corporation [Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
4245 Pacific Privado Ontario California US 91761